Terms and Conditions
MasterCard Asia/Pacific (Australia) Pty Ltd
Priceless Sydney Pulse Facebook Promotion
Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the MasterCard Australia Priceless Sydney Pulse Facebook Promotion ("Promotion") form part of the Conditions of Entry. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these Conditions of Entry and the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding. Entrants must be individual MasterCard cardholders who are eligible to participate in the Promotion as set out at condition 4 ("Cardholders").
- The "Promoter" is MasterCard Asia/Pacific (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 95 108 603 345), L8 100 Arthur Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia.
- The "Promotional Period" for this Promotion commences 08 April 2013 at 9.01am (local time in NSW) and concludes on 22 September 2013 at 11.59pm (local time in NSW).
Subject to condition 5, entry into the Promotion is open to a MasterCard cardholder who satisfies the following eligibility requirements:
- Who is a resident of Australia and who for the Promotional Period and up to and including the date on which the prize is finally awarded holds a valid MasterCard card issued in Australia and who is the person liable to make payments under the relevant MasterCard account (i.e. primary cardholder), or who is an additional (i.e. supplementary) cardholder who is resident of Australia and over the age of 18 years;
- Who registers his or her contact details and MasterCard card details in accordance with condition 7. and
- Who is available to travel to and/or attend the events specified in condition 9 on the dates nominated by the Promoter.
- Employees of the Promoter or the Promoterís associated agencies or companies directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter) and their immediate family members are ineligible to participate.
- Cardholders irrevocably consent and authorise the Promoter to contact their issuing bank, and their issuing bank to confirm to the Promoter, that the cardholder is a valid MasterCard cardholder.
- To enter, Cardholders must register through the MasterCard Australia Facebook page apps.mastercard.com.au/pulse during the relevant registration period set out below. Participants will be required to register their own details including but not limited to their own full name, email address and mobile phone number. Registration details will be entered into a data pool and drawn at random at the end of each three week period of the Promotion. Data will be accumulated allowing for multiple wins over the period of the Promotion. It is each entrantís responsibility to ensure that any details they provide during the registration process are accurate.
- The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependant on the Cardholderís individual Internet Service Provider.
- There are eight (8) prizes to be won for this Promotion with one prize awarded every three weeks over a 6 month period. There will be five (5) different prize categories: dining, sport, entertainment, retail and hotels. Every three weeks an analysis will be carried out determining the prize category buzz word that has been on average the most popular in the preceding three weeks. The final prize will be chosen from the most popular prize category. The prize does not include travel to or from the prize package.
- Prizes to be won vary in value. Each prize will have a minimum value of $350 and will not exceed a maximum value of $3,250. A different prize pool of offers will be featured every 3 weeks. Each prize pool of offers will be broken down into the following high, medium and low offerings: High ($1,000-$3,250), Medium ($600-$1,000), and Low ($350-$600).
The Promoter will announce the winner of each Promotion Period on the following dates:
||29 April 2013
||3 May 2013
||20 May 2013
||24 May 2013
||10 June 2013
||14 June 2013
||1 July 2013
||5 July 2013
||22 July 2013
||26 July 2013
||12 August 2013
||16 August 2013
||2 September 2013
||6 September 2013
||23 September 2013
||27 September 2013
- A card imprint may be required following each announcement to ensure the winner holds a valid MasterCard card.
- The prize-winner/s will be notified by telephone by the Promoter using the contact details provided to the Promoter by the Cardholder and advised that their entry has won. The prize winnerís name will be displayed on the MasterCard Australia Facebook page for Australian cardholders and will be available in writing upon written request to MasterCard Asia/Pacific (Australia) Pty Ltd, Level 8, 100 Arthur Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia. The details of the winners of the prizes won in this Promotion will be published in the public notices section of The Australian on 4 October 2013.
- Should any prize remain unclaimed by a winner two weeks after the winner has been announced in accordance with condition 11, or the initial winner cannot attend the events described in condition 9 as required by condition 4.c), there will be a redraw and the Promoter will award the prize to another Promotion Registrant.
- No prize is either redeemable for cash or transferable. Each prize-winner will accept the prize Ďas isí and acknowledges that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. There will be no compensation in the event that prizewinners are unable to use all or part of the prize. All prizes are based in or around the Sydney area and do not include transportation or other related expenses other than as detailed in the prize copy.
- All valid claims for a prize and entitlements will be met unless they involve fraud or ineligibility. The Promoter reserves the right, and by their entry into the Promotion each entrant consents to the Promoter exercising this right, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and prize claims, with the relevant Cardholderís issuing bank.
- The Promoter does not assume any responsibility for any products and services offered under, or purchased to participate in, the Promotion. The products are sold and services are provided solely by the relevant vendors, under such terms and conditions as determined by such vendors, and the Promoter accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with such products and services. The products and services have not been certified by the Promoter and under no circumstances shall the inclusion of any product or service in the Promotion be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of such product or service by the Promoter.
- Except for warranties and conditions implied by law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality or suitability of any prizes awarded under these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter and its members, financial institutions, associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, shall not be liable for any loss or damage, including for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the receipt or use of any part of any prize except for any loss or damage which is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner or his or her guest (if applicable) to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines that a winner or his or her guest is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner and/or his or her guest may be required to sign an acknowledgment that the entrant agrees to participate in the prize at his or her own risk and that the Promoter is not responsible for any injury resulting from any such participation, except to the extent any injury is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its members, financial institutions, associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents will not be responsible in any way whatsoever in respect of the following: (1) any amount spent on or charged to an entrant's account in the course of entering the Promotion or for correctness of the details of the purchases and transactions made; (2) technical failures of any kind including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications, line failure or the malfunctioning failure or unavailability of any computer, server, cable, line, network, hardware, software, internet service or web site; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Promotion, including but not limited to theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of the Promotion; (4) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any entry that is late, lost, stolen, damaged or misdirected or otherwise not received.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Promoterís reasonable control adversely affects the Promoterís ability to conduct the Promotion as contemplated in these Conditions of Entry, subject to state regulation. In such event, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the cancellation or modification. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in breach of these Conditions of Entry or in breach of any law. Any attempt by any person to deliberately cause damage or undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law.
- The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prizes listed. If any of the prizes are unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize or item for a prize or item of an equivalent value.
- The Promoterís or an entrant's failure to enforce any term of these Conditions of Entry will not restrict the relevant party from enforcing that or any other provision at a later time.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings or the use thereof. It is the responsibility of each entrant to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
- Records of all entries become and remain the sole property of the Promoter. If an entrant opts-in to receiving further communications from the Promoter and/or its affiliates, the entrant's details, which may include name, email address and mobile phone number will be entered into a database and the Promoter and/or its affiliates may use those details to send future marketing materials to the entrant. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes the entrant's consent to the storage, use and disclosure of the entrant's entry details as set out in these Conditions of Entry and also constitutes entrant's agreement that Promoter may use overseas facilities to process, store or back up its information. As a result, the Promoter may transfer the entrant's personal information to its overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of the Promoter's commitments to safeguard the entrant's privacy.
Participation in the Promotion constitutes a prize-winner's consent to the Promoterís use of the prize-winner's name, likeness and opinions for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
Information collected pursuant to the Promotion from entrants is subject to the privacy policies of the Promoter, which can be found at www.mastercard.com.au and will be handled in accordance with all applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Entrants may access and correct their personal information held by MasterCard by contacting:
MasterCard Asia/Pacific (Australia) Pty Ltd
Level 8, 100 Arthur St
North Sydney NSW 2060
- Any cancellation or modification to the Promotion will be notified on the Promoterís website: www.mastercard.com.au.
- A copy of these Conditions of Entry and prize details can be obtained by visiting www.mastercard.com.au/pulse
- If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these Conditions of Entry is declared or becomes unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, that term or provision (or part of that term or provision) will be deemed severed from these Conditions of Entry to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part of that term or provision) had not been included in these Conditions of Entry.
- These Conditions of Entry will be governed by the laws of the respective state or territory of Australia where the entrant resides and each entrant agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the relevant state or territory of Australia.
- Authorised under SA-T13/541, NSW LTPS/13/02075. Competition excludes residents of ACT & Victoria.
The Pulse of a City
Your city has a heart. And thousands of conversations are making it beat to the rhythm of what Sydneysiders love. Whenever a fan cheers on the Swannies at the SCG, it beats. Whenever a surfer catches the perfect wave at Bondi, it beats. And whenever someone sips a fine wine by the harbour, it beats. When combined, these beats tell a story about whatís trending in Sydney and weíre visualising it to give away the priceless experiences you want most. Itís called the Pulse of a City. And itís making Sydney come alive.